If you’re experiencing technical- or performance issues with Minecraft, please try updating your video card (graphics card) drivers.
Description: Outdated video card drivers have been known to cause issues such as Minecraft not starting, crashing, or not performing well.
Solution: You'll first need to determine what type of video card drivers you have. Do not use Windows Update to automatically detect the drivers that you need; the manufacturers are always more up to date. Please locate your operating system below and follow the accompanying steps:
- Press the “windows” key and “r” at the same time.
- Type “dxdiag” into the run window and press enter.
- Go to the display tab in the dxdiag window.
- Look for the Manufacturer name.
- Open your terminal.
- Enter in “lspci -v | less”.
- Look for the line that says VGA Compatible or Video Controller.
- Look for the Manufacturer and model name.
Mac OS X:
- Most Apple computers come with built-in drivers and a graphics card that cannot be changed. Please make sure that your system is up to date.
Once you have the manufacturer's name, you can visit their website to detect or locate which drivers you need.
After you have downloaded and installed the drivers, you will need to restart your computer. If you still receive the error after this fix, then your computer might not meet the system requirements to play Minecraft.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Click here to return to Minecraft Troubleshooting.
How to Download \u0026 Install Nvidia Graphic Driver for Laptop \u0026 PC (Official)