How to Resolve the Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target Issue
Are you struggling with the ‘downloading do not turn off target‘ issue on your Android device? This error message appears primarily on Nexus and Samsung devices. Many users claim that their smartphones reboot unexpectedly into a completely black screen with the ‘downloading do not turn off target’ message.
At first, it seems that the error will be gone once the device downloads several files. However, this is not the case, mostly. Generally, this error shows that the firmware of your phone has been tampered with. However, there are various reasons behind the issue.
Sometimes, when users try flashing your Samsung device, they get stuck on ‘downloading do not turn off target.’ At other times, you may randomly come across this message while using the device after the display goes off automatically. This error could be frustrating as it is quite hard to exit. Here are some ways to resolve this issue.
Reasons Why “Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target” Appears
The issue can occur when you try to flash the device with software like Odin, and then, the flash failed. Or this could happen when you have pressed a wrong combination of keys accidentally when trying to put your device into recovery mode. Alternatively, this error can pop up when you enter the download mode accidentally while your phone is in the pocket. Also, it could show up because of faulty firmware downloaded on the device.
The ‘downloading do not turn off target’ error occurs in the Download Mode, which is a part of the exclusive way to flash (Odin) on Samsung devices. However, it is even used on several Nexus models. Basically, this serves rooting resolutions or restores your phone to the original version. In case you own a rooted smartphone featuring a custom ROM, then you may show this error on another brand.
There are various reasons why you come across this error. So, the most common one is when people want to enter ‘Recovery Mode‘ and accidentally mix the key combination. On Samsung and Nexus devices, the key combination to enter this mode is the Home tab + Power tab + Volume Up tabs.
If you press the Volume Down tab instead of the Volume Up tab, then you will enter the Download Mode and not the Recovery Mode. The Download Mode will welcome you with ‘Downloading do not turn off target.’ If you enter this mode with the wrong combination of keys, resolve the issue easily using the methods listed below.
Another reason behind this error could be a software glitch. However, it goes away, usually without giving any trouble. A serious way to get into the Download Mode is to mess up the sensitive files of your device badly that it could not boot up successfully anymore.
So, if the interior partition or the EFS folder‘s data becomes corrupted or goes missing, the device will be booted right into the ‘downloading do not turn off target’ message. Now, let’s see how to fix this annoying issue.
PS: let’s learn more about how to turn off autocorrect on Androidand how to fix the white screen on Android phoneseasily.
Method 1: Get Out of the Download Mode with Force Exit
- Hold the tabs – power, home, and Volume down simultaneously until the screen of your phone goes black. In case there is not home tab, then try just with the Volume down and home tabs.
- If your phone does not switch on after its screen goes black, then switch it on yourself by pressing the power tab.
Normally, your Android device boots up. However, if it does not happen, then go through the next instructions. At times, it is difficult to move out of this download mode, and you keep stuck on the ‘downloading do not turn off target’ message.
Besides, if you are bothered with issues like discord overlay not workingor Samsung Galaxy S10 won’t turn on, here are the top solutions for you.
Method 2: Try Force Rebooting Your Device to Fix ‘Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target’
After trying out the above method, if you are still facing the ‘downloading do not turn off target’ issue, then it is best to force reboot the device. It is easy to do this on Android smartphones having removable batteries.
- First, pleae press & hold the Volume Down and Power tabs at the same time.
- When your screen dims, just wait for some minutes and then switch on your phone again.
- If it does not work, then remove the phone’s battery. Or just wait for your smartphone to switch on again.
So, your smartphone should boot up usually. However, this process may take a bit longer than normal.
Method 3: Get Rid of the Phone Cache
On Android devices, a cache is a place of storage, just as an SD card. However, it is relatively smaller. The cache stores instructions and data temporarily when being used. It is easier to get data from the cache. The only issue with the cache is that it becomes full, which causes your phone issues.
- First, switch off your phone. For this, you need to either remove the battery, hold the power tab, or hold the Volume down and power tabs.
- Then, hold the home, power, and Volume up tabs simultaneously until your phone boots into the recovery mode. For devices, which do not have a home tab, users can use the Bixby tab instead.
- For navigating ‘Wide Cache Partition,’ employ the Volume tabs and then, hit the Power tab. Press this tab twice if needed.
- Wait for the cache to be wiped completely. Then, reboot the phone by choosing the ‘Reboot Device’ tab.
Now, check if the ‘downloading do not turn off target’ issue has been resolved successfully, and your phone is working normally.
Method 4: Go for the Master Reset to Fix ‘Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target’
There is one more thing that users can try before going to a technician. Perform a master reset on your device, which will delete everything on your phone like photos, contacts, videos, app data, or music, which you have not stored on the SD card.
However, there is no guarantee that performing a reset will resolve the ‘downloading do not turn off target’ issue. So, it is better to protect your data by booting up the device in Safe Mode and creating a backup beforehand.
Create a Backup with Safe Mode
When you boot your device in Safe Mode, it ensures that your device can boot up. If it works fine, then you are dealing with a software conflict, and a master reset is needed. For this, follow:
- Switch off your device. Press and hold the Power tab to turn it on.
- When the display turns on, release the Power tab and hold the Volume Down tab.
- Release this tab only when your phone restarts and begins booting up.
- Once you come across the Safe Mode button, let go of the Volume Down tab.
- Once your device is successfully booted in Safe Mode, visit ‘Settings‘ and then, ‘Advanced Settings.’ From there, choose ‘Backup & Reset‘ and then select ‘Back up my data.’
- After that, switch off your smartphone.
Perform a Master Reset
- Switch off your phone and then press and hold Power, Home, and Volume Up tabs simultaneously.
- Once the screen shows up, release the Power key but keep holding the Home and Volume Up keys.
- Release both tabs when the recovery menu shows up.
- For navigating downwards, use the key Volume Down and highlight wipe data/factory reset.
- To select this option, press your Power tab and then use the tab Volume Down for highlighting “Yes – delete all user data.”
- Press the tab Power for beginning the factory reset. Wait for some minutes.
- Once completed, restart your phone using the Power tab.
Now, see if it works.
Method 5: Resolve the ‘Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target’ Issue with iMyFone Fixppo Repair Tool
If the above methods don’t work for you, then it is better to use a professional tool to get rid of the ‘downloading do not turn off target’ error. One such professional tool is iMyFone Fixppo for Android. This tool repairs the device stuck on issues like ‘Downloading do not turn off target’ with a flash. Along with that, this program can fix all the Android issues and bring the devices back to normal.
Why iMyFone Fixppo for Android Is the Best:
- This tool is easy to use and fixes issues in just three clicks.
- It works % for all Android OS-related issues.
- The program is fully compatible with all Samsung tablets and phones.
- To use this tool, no tech knowledge is required.
- It features a user-friendly interface.
Get iMyFone Fixppo for Android
How to Resolve ‘Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target’
Step 1: Launch iMyFone Fixppo on the system and then put in some details related to your smartphone.
Step 2: Check all the listed information thoroughly shown on the computer screen. After that, download the firmware package on your Android smartphone.
Step 3: After downloading the firmware, connect your phone to the system. Enter the ‘Download Mode‘ on your device. The fixing procedure will begin automatically.
After that, you can use the device normally without facing any issues like ‘downloading do not turn off target.’
If this method doesn’tn’t work for you, then you should take your Android device for a repair. If your phone is still in warranty, then do not hesitate to send your device in. Otherwise, just take your device to a technician and get this annoying issue resolved.
So, this is how you can get rid of the ‘downloading do not turn off target‘ error. However, iMyFone Fixppo for Android offers the perfect way to fix the Android device that has stuck on the ‘downloading do not turn off target’ issue. Check the instructions on how to use this professional tool to fix this issue. Now, download this repair tool and fix all the Android OS issues hassle-free.
Try iMyFone Fixppo for Android
How to fix Stuck www.oxygen.com.ro not turn off target