How to upgrade your graphics drivers in Windows
First make sure you are logged in as administrator, i.e. not standard user. If you dont know what this means, continue and hope for the best.
- Press win+r (the win button is the one between left ctrl and alt).
- Enter www.oxygen.com.ro (without quotations) and press enter.
- Under Display adapters, right-click your graphics card and select Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab.
- Click Update Driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
If this fails, there is one other way to go about it, and that is downloading the drivers directly from the hardware vendor. Look at the name of the graphics card under the Display adapters (in the example image below it is NIVIDIA GeForce GTX/ GTX+).
In rare cases, some laptops will try to use the wrong graphics chipset for Algodoo (weve only heard of this problem on the NVidia Optimus chipset). Thankfully, the solution to this is straight-forward:
- Right-click on desktop and click NVIDIA Control Panel
- Select Manage 3D Settings in the left pane
- Select the Program Settings tab in the main window
- Click Add
- Navigate to your Algodoo folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Algodoo) and select www.oxygen.com.ro and press open'(this step will probably depend on your operating system but should be pretty easy to find)
- Where it says Select the preferred graphics processor for this program click the drop-down and choose High Performance NVIDIA processor
- Click Apply in the bottom right and youre good to go.
How to Download and Install Intel Graphics Driver in Pc/Laptop (Step by Step)